1. What are Newton’s popular laws?
2. Is radial clearance more important in a reaction turbine or and impulse? If so why
3. Boiler generates 5million pounds of steam a day of which 5% is lost to continuous blow down, calculate the total BTU’s lost. ( Water temperature. is 400 degrees F.)
4. What is absolute Zero degrees F
5. What is a “dummy piston”, What is it’s role,. How does it function?
6. 2 different boilers, gas analysis give: CO 14.6, O2 8, Co, 0 use the same type and amount of fuel are there efficiency the same, if not why not?
7. Place a generator in parallel?
8. Perform and Over speed trip test on a large turbine feed pump.
9. What is the difference between a routine repair and repair as defined for by the National Board?
10. given: a 700 psi boiler, drum 36 diameter length 24 feet, what code would you reference to insure that a blow off tank was sufficiently built to handle this?
11. After a repair has been made and inspected by the Authorized inspector what else must be done?
Copy & Paste the question above into the search box to find your answer.
Remember it is how the applicants remembered the questions. Note: Exams are not the original content may be different.
Visit www.massengineers.com for more engineering exams and job opportunities.
Massengineers website now has out of print, and used engineering books sell. Hard to find classic and collectible steam engineering, power plant, steam boiler books.
Send Exams to RussReeves@massengineers.com