3rd Class Engineer’s Test
- A grate 6 foot by 48 inches has a Horse Power of what
according to state methods?
- How is turbine horse power
defined according to the state Massachusetts?
- Which of these is a velocity compound turbine? Curtis,
Rateau, or Parsons
- Describe a reaction stage in detail and draw the
description of it.
- Name 5 benefits of water wall boilers.
- What is a 3rd
class plant in the state of Massachusetts?
- What is deareation?
- Give the basic formula for the volume output in gallons
of a pump.
- The residual oil flash point is used to determine how
much to heat the fuel oil for? Atomizing, Centrifuging, Storage, or
- What is the efficiency of an air heater?
- What is the efficiency gained by heating the feed water?
- What are the combustibles in fuel?
- Describe a hydrostatic test in detail.
- How do you check for tube tightness ?
- What is absolute pressure defined as?
- Name two bearings and describe what they do?
- Where are the code stamps located on an HRT boiler? A Scotch
Name 3 ways of heat transfer and describe each briefly and give examples
Copy & Paste the
question above into the search box to find your answer.
Remember it is how the
applicants remembered the questions. Note: Exams are not the original
content may be different.
www.massengineers.com for more exams and job