1. How would you
remove a failed weld to repair it?
2. Describe what a
convergent-divergent nozzle is. Why is it used?
3. Why do you have
multiple throttle valves?
4. What is
galvanic corrosion? How would you prevent it?
5. An oil has a
weight of 7.398 pounds per gallon. What is the specific gravity of the oil?
Water weighs 8.34 pounds per gallon.
6. Name six losses of a turbine (do not
list loss to the condenser).
7. Can you have a nozzle in a welded
Can you roll a tube in a hole in a
8. A condenser losses vacuum gradually
after six months. List 6 causes.
9. What is water rate?
10. List and describe all auxiliaries for
a condensing turbine.
11. What is a flexible coupling on a
turbine? Describe a gear or dental type.
12. What is specific heat?
13. When you hydro a boiler you must:
14. What is the boiler efficiency of
10,000 #/hr boiler producing 150 psig at 100% steam quality and feed water
temperature of 212F. Fuel is fed at 700 pounds per hour with a Btu content of
15. What is Net Positive Suction Head?
What is "actual" and "required"?
16. List three signs of an overheated
17. What is oil-ash corrosion?
18. Stay bolt question?
19. What are the classes of boilers?
What is the least amount of
appliances on a boiler for safe operation?
What two principles are turbines designed for?
Copy & Paste the
question above into the search box to find your answer.
Remember it is how the applicants remembered the questions. Note: Exams are not the original content may be different.