1. How would you remove a failed weld to repair it?
2. Describe what a convergent-divergent nozzle is. Why is it used?
3. Why do you have multiple throttle valves?
4. What is galvanic corrosion? How would you prevent it?
5. An oil has a weight of 7.398 pounds per gallon. What is the specific gravity of the oil? Water weighs 8.34 pounds per gallon.
6. Name six losses of a turbine (do not list loss to the condenser).
7. Can you have a nozzle in a welded joint?
Can you roll a tube in a hole in a welded joint?
8. A condenser losses vacuum gradually after six months. List 6 causes.
9. What is water rate?
10. List and describe all auxiliaries for a condensing turbine.
11. What is a flexible coupling on a turbine? Describe a gear or dental type.
12. What is specific heat?
13. When you hydro a boiler you must:
14. What is the boiler efficiency of 10,000 #/hr boiler producing 150 psig at 100% steam quality and feed water temperature of 212F. Fuel is fed at 700 pounds per hour with a Btu content of 80,000.
15. What is Net Positive Suction Head? What is "actual" and "required"?
16. List three signs of an overheated bearing.
17. What is oil-ash corrosion?
18. Stay bolt question?
19. What are the classes of boilers?
What is the least amount of appliances on a boiler for safe operation?
20. What two principles are turbines designed for?
Copy & Paste the question above into the search box to find your answer.
Remember it is how the applicants remembered the questions. Note: Exams are not the original content may be different.