1. Why does the auxiliary oil pump run after the turbine has been shut down and secured.
2. What is water hammer and how is it prevented.
3. Name the two types of air Preheaters.
4. What is critical speed.
5. Calculation on furnace heat release.
6. What is the difference between convergent and convergent/divergent nozzles
7. What is a gland steam exhaust condenser.
8. When warming up a turbine, should your vacuum be high or low? Explain
9. Describe an oil operated oil relay governor.
10. Why are flexible couplings used? Explain types.
11. How is turbine connected to a feed pump, and explain how to align.
12. Calculation on firing rate.
13. Steam velocity compared to blade velocity calculation.
14. What can you do with this license.
15. According to the Code, how much steam should safety valves relieve?
16. List 4 safety devices on a gas turbine.
17. Explain an exciter.
Copy & Paste the question above into the search box to find your answer.
Remember it is how the applicants remembered the questions. Note: Exams are not the original content may be different.
Visit www.massengineers.com for more engineering exams and job opportunities.
Massengineers website now has out of print, and used engineering books sell.
Send Exams to RussReeves@massengineers.com