1. What can u do w/a 2nd engineer license?
2. What is the difference. between inner crystalline & trans crystalline
cracks in boiler
metal? What causes these kinds of cracking? explain fully
3. List 5 destructive test for welds. list 5 non-destructive tests
4. A horse power of a boiler has a MAWP of 800 psi. what is the minimum
pressure rating required by
code for the source of water to the boiler?
5. When are backing rings required by code and can they be left in place or removed?
6. What is the difference between a once through and a super critical steam generator? What are the temperature and pressure that
define a super critical steam generator?
7. Name 3 advantages and disadvantages of using a High Temperature Water
8. Explain where you would use the following non destructive exams?
- magnetic particle test
- eddy current test
- ultra sonic test
9. What is an oscilloscope and where would you use it?
10. Name 6 factors to consider for heat treatment procedures?
11. How are allowances for expansion in steam piping commonly achieved?
Name 3 ways?
12. 5 ways of controlling super heat temperature?
13. A boiler has 400 psi on it. it's 2.5"diam. What is the force
on the valve disc? show all work!
14. A question on federal and local air emissions.
15. How do you determine the relieving capacity of a separately fired super heater?
16. Determine the stress of 4 bolts problem??
17. What is oil whip? What causes it? Explain fully.
18. Delong's formula problem. Coal sample taken with all percents
19. Equivalent evaporation problem?
Copy & Paste the
question above into the search box to find your answer.
Remember it is how the applicants remembered the questions. Note: Exams are not the original content may be different.
more engineering exams and job opportunities.
Massengineers website now has out of print, and used engineering books
sell. Hard to find classic and collectible steam engineering, power plant,
steam boiler books.
Send Exams to