1. A boiler rated for
150,000 Lb of steam per hour only delivers 135,000 Lb of steam give four
2. Define net positive suction head what is the difference between
required NPSH and available NPSH.
3. When would you reject a welders test coupon.
4. What is a non-destructive test? give some examples What do the NDT
look for? (this was a welding question)
5. What are these ASME stamps? S, M, E, A
6. What are these elements? N, S, O, H
7. What would these chemicals be used for in a boiler or it's
appurtenances? sodium sulfite, sodium hydroxide, sodium chloride
8. What is the efficiency of this boiler 10,000 Lb steam 150 psi quality
100% feedwater temp 212 700 gallons of oil burnt in an hour 18,000 btu/gallon
enthalpy of steam 1,151.3
9. Define factor of evaporation and give the formula.
10. What is water hammer give cause result and remedy?
11. What are the requirements on a blow down tank piping?
12. What are the blow down requirements for a 150 MAWP boiler for both
piping and valves?
13. Define BLOW DOWN as applies to safety valves Who can adjust blow
on a safety valve What is the minimum and maximum range of blowback on a
natural circulation boiler. What is the plus or minus on the popping
pressure of a safety valve on a 250 MAWP boiler?
14. What information is on the state log book?
15. Dimensions of a furnace given and gallons of oil per minute burned
and Btu content give the furnace heat release.
16. What is a conductivity test?
17. Describe the construction and operation of Kingsbury thrust bearing.
18. What type of turbine develops more end thrust impulse or reaction
19. What does an increase in excess air do to a boiler with an integral
superheater firing rate is unchanged describe the effect on superheater
temperature, boiler pressure and stack temperature.
20. What is specific gravity?
Copy & Paste the
question above into the search box to find your answer.