1. According to M.G.L. Chapter 146, Section 34, how often should air tanks be inspected? What pressure should they be inspected?
2. What is a convergent-divergent nozzle? Why is it better than a convergent nozzle?
3. What is sub or under cooling?
4. What is a dummy micrometer used for?
5. Name 4 ways to tell if a bearing has gone high temperature.
6. What is the difference between bleed and extraction steam?
7. What is excess air?
8. What is a root pass in relation to a weld?
9. How does a bomb calorimeter work?
10. On some turbines, why are there more than one steam inlet lines?
11. What is specific gravity?
12. A question of a fuel’s but per/lb burning 82% efficient, using an amount of fuel in lb/hr. What was the btu loss?
13. What boilers come under the ASME Power Boilers Section 1.
14. How does a hydraulic governor work?
15. When do air conditioning units require inspection?
16. If the condenser tubes are rolled at each end, what takes the expansion on the condenser. (This was a multiple choice question)
17. You need a turbine, 40 pounds and a large volume of steam and exhaust to a condenser. What type of turbine are you going to order.
18. Another multiple choice question, I forgot what it was.
19. How do you determine who can be in charge of a certain plant?
20. Who can be in charge of a second class plant?
Copy & Paste the question above into the search box to find your answer.