1. You have to install a blow down line on a
high-pressure boiler what requirements, for pipe size, valves, and material
used? What volume in gallons and what pressure rating would
you specify for the tank to meet the minimum requirements
of the National Board Inspection Code?
2. How do you find boiler efficiency?
3. Three ways to purify water?
4. Define elastic limit, yield point,
elongation, and relative loss.
5. Three ways to reduce stack emissions and
how they work?
6. Name at least 6 losses in a turbine?
7. Name four trips on a turbine?
8. Describe a Kingsbury thrust bearing and its
9. Atmospheric pressure is 29.92 in hg. Vacuum
gauge reads 22 in. hg. What is the
10. What are over the fire air jets used
11. Safety valves and safety relief valves
what are the differences?
12. You have two pumps and one tank, one pump
can empty the tank in 6 hours the other in 5 hours.
How long would it take if both ran?
13. You have 52 barrels of
#6 oil with a specific gravity of .85 at 60 degrees.
What is the weight of the oil?
14. Two types of air heaters
15. Are temperature changes or pressures more
harmful to a boiler, and why?
16. What is the efficiency of a boiler 150psig
100% quality, 10,000 lbs /hr fuel 700 lbs, 18,000 btu lb.
17. How is steam flow measured?
Copy & Paste the
question above into the search box to find your answer.