2nd Class Engineer Exam Taken on 07/05/2005
- Why is a steam turbine less efficient than a boiler?
- Define Specific Gravity, Power, Stress and Strain
- What is the Specific heat of Oil, H2O, Steam, and Air?
- A drawing of a GT Burner that illustrates parts, describe what each component does and what maintenance problems exist with each component.
- What are the three main areas of concerns when it comes to stress when determining the working pressure of a fire tube boiler?
- What is Radial flow in a Steam Turbine?
- 72 tubes 3” OD 66”D 18 ft in length, what is the heating surface of a fire tube boiler neglecting the tube sheet, consider the heads to be ½.
- List/explain the qualities of oil for a turbine?
- How would you detect a leak in a closed loop feedwater heater?
- Where does steam turbine blade erosion occur, what causes it?
- How is power made in a gas turbine?
- How are tubes attached in a condenser
- What causes vibration on a steam turbine?
- What qualifications must you have to sit for this license?
- You are purchasing a 10,000,000 btu boiler for use in MA, according to CMR what environmental controls will be required?
- How are flame monitors positioned in reference to igniters and why?
- What is latent heat, sensible heat?
- What stops a turbine from over-speeding after a trip?
- After repairing an inverted bucket trap, what is the first thing you do before placing it back into service?
Copy & Paste the question above into the search box to find your answer.
Remember it is how the applicants remembered the questions. Note: Exams are not the original content may be different.
Visit www.massengineers.com for more engineering exams and job opportunities.
Massengineers website now has out print engineering books and cd-rom engineering disk for sell. Hard to find classic and collectible steam engineering books.
Send Exams to RussReeves@massengineers.com