1. Name 4 safety devices on a gas turbine?
2. Name 5 Non-destructive tests and briefly describe.
3. Name 3 trips on a steam turbine and how they are connected.
4. 2000HP boiler, 200PSI, pump efficiency 85%,What's the pump
5. Blades 48in., 400RPM, What is the steam speed in
relation to blade speed with steam traveling @ 11,900 ft/min?
6. 6 inch inlet company wants to install a 4 inch. spool who
can have charge of this according to Chap. 146?
7. Define NPSH. What is actual and required?
8. What does a company need that performs welding on a boiler?
9. What are the duties of an engineer in charge? What license
do you need if it's a 2nd class plant?
10. Define stress corrosion crack.
11. 8 things to consider before installing an economizer?
12. How would you remove a rotor without bumping it?
13. Fans Laws: Fan speed increases, What happens to the volume
of air, total pressure, and horsepower?
14. How would you figure safety valve relieving capacity on a
15. What info can you find on a Mollier Diagram?
16. What is a spindle or dummy micrometer?
17. Name 3 ways of controlling NOX.
18. What is creep?
Copy & Paste the
question above into the search box to find your answer.
Remember it is how the applicants remembered the questions. Note: Exams are not the original content may be different.
more engineering exams and job opportunities.
Massengineers website now has out of print, and used engineering books
sell. Hard to find classic and collectible steam engineering, power plant,
steam boiler books.
Send Exams to