1. What SWP of a diagonal stay of a Scotch Marine boiler.
2. Find the molecular weight of these substances:
a) CO2 b) O2 c) SO d) CO e) CM
3. Find the amperage on a problem: volts x amps x 1.73 x power factor = KW
Draw a picture of a three phase motor.
4. How do you conduct an overspend test on a large turbine-driven boiler feed pump?
5. Convert Centigrade to Fahrenheit.
6. Can you repair a ligament crack on a fire tube boiler? If so, how do you go about doing this?
a.) Can you repair a ligament crack on a water tube boiler? If so, how do you go about doing this?
7. Identify these markings on a welding rod: E 7011.
8. What are these metals: Ai, Mn, Mo, Cr, Ti?
9. Find the internal enthalpy on 380 psi steam 800 degrees. Find the external
enthalpy on this same sample.
10. At what pressure is the external enthalpy zero?
11. What is the symbol for water at this pressure?
12. Are the State Inspectors licensed by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts?
13. Find the required safety valve relieving capacity for the down stream side of a reducing station.
14. Can you replace the manhole cover of a boiler with that of another boiler of a different manufacturer?
15. What are the two most important factors to remember when doing vibration readings?
16. What does “MILS” stand for?
17. Can rupture diaphragms be used on power boilers?
18. Describe the fillet weld penetration. (Given a picture)
19. Describe a throttling calorimeter.
20. What is cold-end corrosion?
21. What is solubility?
22. What is a decibel?
Copy & Paste the question above into the search box to find your answer.