1. Name three (3) ways to reduce NOX emissions.
2. You have a 100 BHP boiler at 50 PSI and a 100 BHP
boiler at 100 PSI. Can you use the same size safety valves for both boilers?
3. A pump in a basement has a discharge pressure of 100
PSI. What will be the pressure on the 10th story, 100 feet up?
4. Two 60 Hz generators running at different speeds. Can
they be synchronized? Explain.
5. Turbine heat rate is 10,000 BTU’s/hp. What is the
6. What is the minimum purge time in relation to furnace
7. What is the advantage of a coordinated phosphate water
treatment system over a conventional phosphate water treatment system?
8. The specific gravity of a sample of oil is 0.92. What
is the API?
9. What are the advantages of Gas-Tungsten Arc Welding?
10. Explain why the specific weight of a fuel decreases
as the heating value of the fuel increases.
11. Factor of evaporation / Boiler horsepower problem.
12. What are cyclohexlamine, morpholine, and DEAE used
for in the condensate system?
13. What is the main reason for a reheater?
14. What is an R-1 Form?
15. What is a change in entropy? Explain.
16. Describe a wet-surface, air-cooled condenser.
17. What is a motor stators?
18. What is power factor and how is it calculated?
19. Why are stators made with steel laminations?
20. What effect does pressure have on water circulation
a) What is the largest size pipe that a threaded
safety valve connection maybe attached to?
b) What are the rules for mufflers on safety valves?
22. What is ozone and how is it formed?
23. What is the primary cause of CO? What is particulate
matter and what can be done to reduce the same?
25. Steam flow through a pipe problem.
Copy & Paste the
question above into the search box to find your answer.
Remember it is how the applicants remembered the questions. Note: Exams are not the original content may be different.
more engineering exams and job opportunities.
Massengineers website now has out of print, and used engineering books
sell. Hard to find classic and collectible steam engineering, power plant,
steam boiler books.
Send Exams to