1. a) How is eddy current noted during a test?
b) How is magnetic flux noted during an eddy current test?
c) What is the frequency of the alternating current used?
2. Name 5 non-destructive tests and explain each.
3. What does a Charpy V-Notch determine?
4. What is the ratio when determining concentrations in a boiler?
5. What information is contained on a Mass. DPS daily record form?
6. Name at least 5 boiler losses.
7. Name 4 protective devices on a turbine and how are they all connected?
8. Boiler horsepower and factor of evaporation problem.
9. Turbine horsepower water rate problem.
10. A pump is operating at a speed of 1800 rpm and a discharge pressure of 100 psig, if the speed is increased to 3000 rpm, what will be the new discharge pressure?
11. What is the main reason a reheater is used?
12. What does creep cause and why should we be concerned?
13. What determines when we switch from a round water glass to a flat water glass according to code? Be specific!
14. What is endpoint of circulation?
15. Lay up a boiler wet.
16. Given weight of a fuel oil and weight of water and want to know the specific gravity.
17. Explain a governor on an extraction turbine.
18. What does magnesium chloride cause to happen in a boiler?
19. What are a static and a dynamic balance?
Copy & Paste the question above into the search box to find your answer.
Remember it is how the applicants remembered the questions. Note: Exams are not the original content may be different.
Visit www.massengineers.com for more engineering exams and job opportunities.
Massengineers website now has out of print, and used engineering books sell. Hard to find classic and collectible steam engineering, power plant, steam boiler books.
Send Exams to RussReeves@massengineers.com