1. a) How is eddy current noted during a test?
b) How is magnetic flux noted during an eddy current
c) What is the frequency of the alternating current
2. Name 5 non-destructive tests and explain each.
3. What does a Charpy V-Notch determine?
4. What is the ratio when determining concentrations in a
5. What information is contained on a Mass. DPS daily
6. Name at least 5 boiler losses.
7. Name 4 protective devices on a turbine and how are
they all connected?
8. Boiler horsepower and factor of evaporation problem.
9. Turbine horsepower water rate problem.
10. A pump is operating at a speed of 1800 rpm and a
discharge pressure of 100 psig, if the speed is increased to 3000 rpm, what will
be the new discharge pressure?
11. What is the main reason a reheater is used?
12. What does creep cause and why should we be concerned?
13. What determines when we switch from a round water
glass to a flat water glass according to code? Be specific!
14. What is endpoint of circulation?
15. Lay up a boiler wet.
16. Given weight of a fuel oil and weight of water and
want to know the specific gravity.
17. Explain a governor on an extraction turbine.
18. What does magnesium chloride cause to happen in a
19. What are a static and a dynamic balance?
Copy & Paste the
question above into the search box to find your answer.
Remember it is how the applicants remembered the questions. Note: Exams are not the original content may be different.
more engineering exams and job opportunities.
Massengineers website now has out of print, and used engineering books
sell. Hard to find classic and collectible steam engineering, power plant,
steam boiler books.
Send Exams to