1. Describe the boiler in the picture. (picture was a Cleaver Brooks Scotch Marine Fire tube Boiler)
2. Blow down a boiler. You cannot see the gage glass from the blow down. The blow down has 1 quick opening valve and 1 slow opening valve.
3. How do you relieve a fireman?
4. Define: Superheated Steam and Saturated Steam
5. Explain how a Bourdon Tube steam gage works.
6. List 3 laws from 146 that pertain to the operation of high pressure boilers.
7. Describe the construction and operation of a single tube lifting injector.
8. What are the elements of a fuel? What is Combustion?
9. How do you know a boiler is legal to operate?
10. Replace a gage glass on a HRT Boiler.
11. How does a Bucket Trap work?
12. Without testing, how could you tell if a safety valve is the proper size for a boiler?
13. Define: Economizer
Open Feed Water Heater
Closed Feed Water heater
14. What does an air preheater do?
15. Secure a boiler with a superheater.
16. What do you do if the water level in a sight glass goes out of sight.
17. List appurtenances required to safely operate a boiler
18. Why are tubes on a water tube boiler flared?
19. What is the difference between a rotary pump and a centrifugal pump?
Copy & Paste the question above into the search box to find your answer.
Remember it is how the applicants remembered the questions. Note: Exams are not the original content may be different.