1) What is the main purpose of the
a) water column b)
gage glass c) low water cutout
d) safety valve
e) try cocks
2) How would know if you had a broken stay
3) What is a bag? What would you do if you
4) What would cause a duplex pump to stop
feeding hot water?
5) How many cubic feet of air are in a room
with dimensions of 12í x 10í x 8í ?
6) How many BTUís are needed to raise the
temperature of one pound of water from 32oF to 212oF?
7) What are the four parts on top of the
boiler shown from left to right?
8) What are the dangers of high and low
9) You have just replaced the gage glass,
which valve do you open first?
10) Describe the operation of an automatic
11) Describe the operation of a single
element feed water regulator.
12) What does the safety valve do? Where
would it be set at?
13) What are the combustibles of fuel?
14) What is foaming? What is priming? Are
they preventable? How?
15) What is carryover? What are two causes
of carryover? How can you avoid it?
16) Start a duplex pump.
17) Why do we blow down a boiler?
18) The boiler off line and is cooling
down. What happens to the level in the gage glass?
19) Describe the three ways to atomize #6
20) What is PSIA? How does a PSIA gage read PSIG?
Copy & Paste the
question above into the search box to find your answer.
Remember it is how the applicants remembered the questions. Note: Exams are not the original content may be different.