2nd class firemenís test Taken on 4/29/04
- What can you do with a 2nd class firemanís license?
- Trace a fuel oil system from the tank to the burner. Label all parts.
- What is a bag? What would you do if you found one?
- Start a high-pressure boiler with #6 fuel oil.
- What is the purpose of a safety valve?
- How would know if you had a broken stay bolt?
- How can you test a low water fuel cut-out?
- Where would you find a strainer? (Multiple choice)
- Why is there a check valve on the feed water line?
- Explain three ways oil is atomized.
- Why are there baffles in a water tube boiler?
- Give two reasons why scale is bad.
- Give two reasons cross-tees are used instead of regular tees and elbows.
- Where would you find an automatic non-return valve? (Multiple choice)
- What is natural draft? What causes it? What is natural water circulation? What causes it?
- What are the combustibles in fuel? What is combustion?
- What is a flame scanner and how would you test it?
- Name 3 causes of boiler explosions? What 3 things must happen for a furnace explosion?
Copy & Paste the question above into the search box to find your answer.
Remember it is how the applicants remembered the questions. Note: Exams are not the original content may be different.
Visit www.massengineers.com for more exams and job opportunities.