1. Why is feed water treated before it enters
for use in a feed water system?
2. What are three types of draft that are used
in a draft system?
3. Why do you purge a boiler before ignition?
4. Why is there a check valve placed on a feed
a. What is the main function of a safety valve?
b. At what pressure is a safety valve set at in
regards to the boiler it is protecting?
6. How do you start a high pressure boiler
firing #6 fuel oil?
7. How do you blow down a boiler with a quick
opening valve, slow opening valve and you cannot see the gauge glass?
8. What is the main difference between a rotary
pump and a centrifugal pump?
9. Find the Inside diameter of a boiler tube
that has an outside diameter of 2” and a wall thickness of 3/16”.
10. What is the primary difference between a
gate valve and a globe valve?
11. What is a saturated steam? What is
12. Describe how you would start a valve out
motor centrifugal feed water pump?
13. (Multiple choice) The heat required to
change the state of a substance without a temperature change.
a.) Specific heat b.) Sensible heat c.) Latent heat d.) Ambient heat
14. Define specific heat?
15. Name three things an open feed water heater
does which precedes a boiler feed pump.
16. What can you do with a Second Class
17. List 5 reasons why a boiler firing oil would
18. How do you relieve a fireman?
19. Why are baffles used in a water tube boiler?
20. (Multiple choice) What would cause a
centrifugal pump to become (vapor) steam bound?
a.) Low feed water supply pressure b.) Low water level in the
Deaerator c.) High pressure to the supply d.) High water supply to the inlet of the pump
e. Both A and B
Copy & Paste the
question above into the search box to find your answer.