2nd Class Fireman's Exam 01/27/2004
1) Give 3 reasons for a boiler to smoke.
2) Describe 3 ways of atomization.
3) Describe how a burner atomizes oil.
4) Multiple choice - causes of a pump vapor lock.
5) Definition questions: Economizer - feedwater heater
6) Describe how a bucket trap works.
7) How do you test the low water cut-off?
8) How do you replace a broken gauge glass?
9) How do you start a duplex pump?
10) Describe the difference between a watertube and firetube boiler.
11) Why is a syphon used before a steam pressure gauge?
12) What are the elements or products of fuel?
13) Describe the combustion process.
14) How can you tell if a stay bolt breaks.
15) What do you do with a high and low water level condition in a boiler?
16) Name three benefits of an open feedwater heater?
17) With a 150 psi safety valve, what pressure should you have when hand testing it?
18) Describe the difference between a globe and a gate valve.
19) Describe the term heating surface.
Copy & Paste the question above into the search box to find your answer.